Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Writer Lisa Lenard Cook Schedule

Lisa Lenard-Cook
Spring 2009 Newsletter

Almost as soon as I’d sent out my March newsletter, I started getting requests for classes. Here are the latest additions. There’s contact info on each, but you can always check my website or email me for more information as well. Please feel free to forward, post, print, share, or otherwise disseminate.

May 23rd . 1 – 5 pm . Re-Vision Means Re-Seeing . Ojai CA
This workshop will be held in a private home in Ojai CA. I’m keeping it small, so please email momdogkate@aol.com now to find out how to reserve your place.

June 6th . UNM Young Writers’ Conference . Albuquerque NM
Info on the second annual UNM Young Writers’ Conference, which I’ll be leading off with a class on Fictional Seeds, can be found on the UNM Continuing Ed website: http://dce.unm.edu.

June 26th-28th . What’s Your Story? . Venice CA
With the Santa Barbara Writers’ Conference on hiatus, sister faculty member & playwright Dale Griffiths Stamos & I decided to fill in a little of the gap with this weekend-long writing intensive, to be held a few yards from the ocean in Venice CA. The full story on this one can be found on Dale’s stunning new website, www.dalegriffithsstamos.com.

July 11th – August 1st . Dream It, Write It . Online
Authorlink’s new WritersEducation website is just about ready to roll, & I’ll be teaching this four-week course to help celebrate. Info: www.authorlink.com.

Book News
Far from being last year’s novels, both Dissonance and Coyote Morning continue to be selected by book groups around the country. If your book group reads one of my books & would like me to visit (either in person, if I’m in the neighborhood, or by phone or live chat, if I’m not), don’t hesitate to send me an email at my updated email address: lisalenardcook@gmail.com.

Haven’t yet read The Mind of Your Story? Readingnewmexico.com calls it “the book that should be on every writer’s bookshelf.” You can purchase it by clicking on the link on my homepage at www.lisalenardcook.com.

If you’ve not yet seen one of the AMI editions of my many Complete Idiot’s Guides in your supermarket checkout line, it’s likely you will soon. Each of these books offers just enough of a taste that readers are hurrying to buy the full-sized editions. Very clever marketing on Penguin’s part.

Never mind that my agent & I decided the time wasn’t right to take out the two novels I wrote last year: I’m just about finished with another. Stay tuned...
---
Lisa Lenard-Cook
www.lisalenardcook.com
www.authorlink.com
The Mind of Your Story: Discover What Drives Your Fiction, NM Presswomen Communication Contest Honoree
Dissonance: A Novel, short-listed for the PEN Southwest Book Award
Coyote Morning: A Novel, NM Presswomen’s Zia Award Honoree
---
If, despite my best efforts to be brief & unobtrusive, you’d nonetheless prefer to be removed from future mailings, please send an email unsubscribe@lisalenardcook.com.

No comments: